Maple Cashew Cream (v + gf)

It is citrus season and boy am I in love!  I absolutely cannot get enough of the delicious zesty, juicy fruits!


My personal favorite which I discovered last season is the pomelo. For those of you that don’t know, it’s like a giant grapefruit but instead of being tart, it’s sweet and of course, juicy!

I was playing around with blood oranges (the color of these are unbelievable!) and had the idea of creating a galette. I’ve never made a galette so it proved to be a fun challenge. Attempting to invent a unique flavor combination I stumbled upon the idea of incorporating cardamon. I’ve only ever used cardamon with rice (it adds a beautiful, subtle flavor), but I’ve always wanted to use it in something else.



Unfortunately because I wasn’t really paying attention and just having some fun and playing around in thekitchen (basically where I want to live), so I didn’t record the recipe but I did remember the recipe to the maple cashew cream that I made to go with!


So I guess you can pretend you are eating it through the screen (that’s what I’ll be doing)!

I am a huge fan of cashew cream because it’s so versatile! It can be substituted as a whipped cream or creme fraiche for baked goods/desserts and even some soups!

Maple Cashew Cream (vegan + gluten free)

1 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours)
½ cup water (or more/less depending on the consistency you want)
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 tbsp maple syrup
  1. Soak cashews for at least 2 hours, or you can soak them in really hot water for at least 30 min.
  2. Blend the cashews with the water (more or less depending on your consistency). Add in the vanilla and maple syrup. Blend again.
  3. Serve with your favorite baked goods!

Have you ever tried cashew cream? Let me know what you think!

Emmy xox

Comments

  1. Wow this looks really good!! I really enjoy this blog because not only does it incorporate something you love, but you seem really talented at what you do. Did you take these photos yourself? I would never be so creative to cook something up like this, I haven't had either of these dishes before. They look delicious! Descriptive & overall great post. The formatting is the only thing that needs to be fixed because it's going off the page

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts