Why I love to Cook


sneak peak at a cookie recipe I might post!

It hasn’t been until the past year or so that my love of cooking, and exploring new recipes really developed. I’ve always loved baking, and some of my fondest memories are with my family in the kitchen baking cookies or treats. Sometimes cooking can be seen as time-consuming in our busy lives, and while it certainly can be, I’ve grown to love it for a number of reasons.

It’s my creative outlet.
I loved doing crafts when I was younger. I loved to knit, cross-stitch, and do anything remotely crafty. Nowadays I find I have less time for these passions, but cooking has taken its place. When it comes to cooking, I love to work with new ingredients. These new ingredients spark my creativity as I try to think of a million ways I could possibly use them! I can also take ingredients that I’ve used dozens of times, and try to reinvent them. The endless possibilities and endless combinations expand my imagination. While some combinations certainly don’t work out, the ones that do are certainly tasty!

It’s how I relax and de-stress.
This is quite personal to me. Quite often cooking and buying groceries can be a stressful thing added to our busy lives. However, I think that in my busy life, cooking has forced me to take the time to do something I enjoy. I can usually forget about the things stressing me out and focus on the task at hand, whether it’s trying not to chop off a hand, or deciding what spices to use. I love the cozy kitchen environment and the happy memories I have stored there never cease to bring a smile to my face!

It’s a great way to connect with people.
Now cooking can certainly be a solitary passion, and I definitely love the peace and quiet in my kitchen. However, cooking also makes a great social event. Cooking with friends or family is a great way to bond. When my family and I cook, we talk about our days, and what’s going on in our lives. It brings us closer as we help each other prepare the food (and then, of course, eat it!)

Cooking is obviously my passion (no duh!), but do you like cooking? If so why?

Comments

  1. I love your passion for cooking! It's a great thing to be interested in, through the yummy successes and the bizarre failures. I try to cook (mainly bake), but I'm not the best. (There was one time where my friend and I were baking and I failed to crack an egg. I missed the bowl and slammed an egg full force into the counter, making an eggsplosion that took about twenty minutes to fully clean up.) Your passion for cooking is younger, but let it grow old. Don't let your love of cooking fade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am constantly amazed by your blog! The pictures especially are astounding. To answer your question, I never had much interest in the art of cooking but after taking the foods and nutrition class at our school I have been much more enthused. I am still quite a novice but have been able to appreciate good eats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts